Saturday, February 6, 2010

the best cookies that have ever been in my mouth/burned the shit out of my hands.



My friend Mo from middle school in Tigard, Oregon sent me this recipe the other day for chocolatey chocolate chip cookies. They are absolutely fan-fucking-tastic. I added some marshmallows (Dandies!) and used sucanat instead of regular sugar and they are literally the best cookies i have ever had in my life.

BUT when I was taking the tray out of the oven (i have the worst/least effective oven mitt in the world), the tray slipped out of my oven mitted hand and i instinctively grabbed it with my bare hand and now have some lovely burns on my index finger and thumb. I had to hold onto ice for about 4 hours and then my wonderful mother delivered some burn cream and now i feel much better. All i uploaded so far are pictures of the dough, but i will upload some pictures of the pile of cookies that fell onto the open oven door later.

Here is the recipe!
* 1 cup soy margarine
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 tablespoon molasses
* 1/4 cup soymilk
* 2 1/4 cups flour
* 1/2 cup cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream margarine, sugar, vanilla and molasses until fluffy.
3. Add soy milk and combine.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
5. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Place dough by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet approximately two inches apart and bake for 8-9 minutes.


I added a little bit more soymilk because they seemed a little dry. But they were absolutely ammmaaazinnng!

No comments:

Post a Comment